The Goodness of God
Posted here is the sermon delivered by Br. Aaron Dias at Borivali Assembly on 8th April 2018.
Passage of Reference: Psalm 65:11, 107:1
What do we mean when we say that God is good? Is the goodness of God defined by the blessings we receive or are there more aspects to it?
The Bible outlines the relentless and unending goodness of God in so many ways and this sermon briefly glances at 6 ways in which it is manifested to us and around us.
- God loves compassionately (Lamentations 3:22-23)
- God provides (Matthew 6:31-32)
- God gives grace (2 Corinthians 12:9, Isaiah 43:2)
- God gives impartially (Matthew 5:45)
- God protects (Psalm 121:3, 5-7)
- God understands our frailty despite His sovereignty (Job 38-39, Hebrews 4:14-16)