Bibliology : Interpretation of the Bible
Posted here is the sermon delivered by Br. Jobin John Mathew at the Assembly Bible Classes on 23rd to 29th April.
Passage of Reference: Psalm 14:1
Bro Jobin John Mathew mentions about three important I’s in the Bible namely : Inspiration, Inerrancy and Interpretation
Interpretation can be of 3 kinds namely:
• Study of usage of words in a sentence.
• Its relationship to the whole verse, passage.
• Consider the original language.
• The whole verse, not incomplete.
• The corresponding verses are equally important.
• The previous chapter, the whole book, the overall theme.
3. Compare Scripture with Scripture:
• What do other portions say/teach?
• Making of church doctrine.
• Usually only one meaning.